Assembly load error with Installer

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Assembly load error with Installer

I've created a simple Add-In that runs and debugs fine in Visual Studio, but I am getting the following error when I run the installer for the Add-In:

"Unable to get installer types in the c:\program files\testcompany\test\addinexpress.mso.dll assembly. -> One or more of the types in the assembly unable to load."

When I check the dependencies for the AddinExpress.MSO.dll in the Setup project, I see two mscorelib.dll's listed. Version 1.0.3300.0 is said to be missing (has an exclamation mark). Version 1.0.5000.0 and the other dll's listed can be found. Does that mean that I need to have v1 of the .NET Framework installed in addition to v1.1 for AddinExpress to work?

I appreciate any insights.

Thanks,
Johannes Stuermer
Posted 27 Apr, 2005 15:41:20 Top

A few more details on the problem: it happens when I run the installer on clean machine that has only WinXP and Office 2003 installed. I've tried to install .NET Framework v1.0 in addition to .NET Framework v1.1 but without success.

I don't encounter the problem if I run the installer on my dev box.

Thanks

Posted 27 Apr, 2005 21:55:53 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Johannes.

What version of ADX do you use? The latest ADX build is 2.2.1750 Public Preview.
Posted 28 Apr, 2005 03:48:00 Top

It turns out that the primary interop assemblies for Office 2003 were not installed. After I installed them the problem went away.

I didn't think of it at first because supposedly the PIA are installed automatically during a "complete" install of Office 2003, provided that .NET Framework has been installed first, which was the case on this machine. Maybe there are additional dll's in the PIA installer that don't ship with Office 2003?

Thanks
Posted 28 Apr, 2005 17:58:14 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Johannes.

I think you shouldn't rely on the Interop Assemblies for Office 2003 to be installed on the target PC. If you use the PIAs in your project you should distibute your add-in with this PIAs. You could place PIAs to the GAC automatically during the installation of the add-in. In this way you can avoid such situations in future.
Posted 29 Apr, 2005 12:02:04 Top