WPF in vista with Aero theme - Resize issue

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

WPF in vista with Aero theme - Resize issue
WPF section not re-drawn when resized in vista aero 
Phil Belenkin

Hi,

I'm using WPF inside an elementHost in an Inspector subPane (Outlook) and when using Aero themes and resizing my email the WPF part is not re-drawn, it just goes white. Doesnt happen when i run my form outside of outlook.

Any ideas on how to fix this

Cheers

Phil
Posted 18 Aug, 2008 08:25:17 Top
Phil Belenkin

I cant believe no one else has had this problem?

P.s. If this is a a basic/stupid question I apologise. This is my first real windows app. All my previous work has been dll's or asp.net
Posted 22 Aug, 2008 05:01:24 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Phil.

Please send me a simple project that reproduces the issue. I will test it.
Posted 22 Aug, 2008 18:55:42 Top
Phil Belenkin

Hi Sergey,

Sorry for the slow reply, i got dragged back into some other work. I think it may be the listbox control that causes the problem as i have had other WPF one work ok when they were very basic

I have created a complete Visual Studio Solution for you (it includes the installer and a windows project to show it does work outside of office)

you can download it here:

http://www.fbw1.net/phil/ADXWpfTest.zip

I put all my solutions in:
C:\CSDevelopment

so if you unzip it to the above you wont have to mess about editing the solution paths.

Cheers

Phil

Posted 01 Sep, 2008 07:44:54 Top
Phil Belenkin

forgot to add i'm using outlook 2003 on my vista machine, and the file should be un-zipped to

C:\CSDevelopment\ADXWpfTest
Posted 01 Sep, 2008 07:46:04 Top
Ryan Taylor

Hi,

I just wanted to add that I also experiencing a very similar issue. In my situation, I have my WPF control inside an element host under the navigation bar (Outlook 2007).

When using Aero in Vista, if the user drags the Outlook window around and drops it so that part of the window is off the screen (any part, not just the WPF area), the WPF area is not redrawn. The user has to either resize the window, or maximize/restore to get the redraw to work correctly.

Here is a link that I found of someone else with the issue. I tried adopting their approach, however I wasn't able to find a suitable event to hook into.

http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/it-IT/wpf/thread/a8a5eebc-3d9e-44bb-abe3-8ce0d4e48263/

Thanks,
Ryan
Posted 02 Sep, 2008 09:57:57 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Phil.

Thanks for the code. I managed to reproduce the issue.
We are on vacation now. Our guys will help you as soon as we proceed to business.
Posted 02 Sep, 2008 14:19:15 Top
Phil Belenkin

Glad you've managed to replicate it :D

Please let me know when you guys are back, as I think I've got another problem when popping up MessageBox's from a custom Properties tab (from the menu: Tools -> Option).

thanks

Phil
Posted 05 Sep, 2008 11:41:02 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hello Phil,

Please describe the issue in more details.
Posted 05 Sep, 2008 13:36:05 Top
Phil Belenkin

Hi Eugene,

I've managed to narrow down the problem, and its actually nothing to do with the MessageBox, its when you place a TabControl on the Properties page

- Create a new Outlook Properties Page (ADXOlPropertyPage)
- Set the Property page in the Page Type on the ADXAddinModule (So it appears in Tools -> Options section)
- Place a TabControl onto your Properties Page and dock it to fill
- Place a button on one of the TabPages (no need to hook it up to an event)
- Run the app.
- Go to the Properties page and click on the button.....

... and thats it, it'll freezes outlook.

Do you want a sample project?

cheers

Phil
Posted 08 Sep, 2008 04:37:41 Top