Problems with Adx Com Add-in Setup Installation on Production machine

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Problems with Adx Com Add-in Setup Installation on Production machine

Beau Holland

We have create a WORD Adx Com Add-In project that works perfectly. Using the default Setup Project created in the Add-In solution I have installed the WORD add-in on a number of machines with no problem. But on some machines for some unknown reason this error message gets displayed when installing the add-in.

"Unable to get installer types in the c:\program files\quoteasp\wordtoolbar\addinexpress.mso.dll assembly -> One or more of the types in the assembly unable to load."

The path "c:\program files\quoteasp\wordtoolbar\" is the folder path I want to install the application in.

It is very strange because the addinexpress.mso.dll file is included in the Detected Dependancies ? I cannot figure out why the install works on some machines and why it fails on others.

Thanks
Posted 14 Apr, 2005 19:20:34 Top
Beau Holland

Another note: http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/28/140998.aspx
I will try this approach

This approach does not fix the problem so what else could cause this problem...?
Posted 14 Apr, 2005 19:44:04 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Beau.

The point is that AddinExpress.MSO.dll contains the code that registers your add-in on the target PC. If for some reasons there are not some dependencies in the GAC on the target PC this error message can appear.
Try to check the GAC on the machines where the error message takes place.
Anyway you can send me the project so that I can test it out. Probably I will find some issues with the setup project.
Posted 15 Apr, 2005 05:01:22 Top
Beau Holland

I thought there would be some settings changed in my setup project so I created a new project and checked the settings against my project and found the Registry property was not set to DoNotRegister. This has fixed the problem but strangly I found that the install that I thought was broken worked on some PC's and failed on others. Normally worked on faster PC's and failed on slow ones. I am investigating so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for your help again.
Posted 17 Apr, 2005 23:22:21 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Beau.
Do you have SP1 for .NET Framework 1.1 installed on PC where the installation error appears?
Posted 18 Apr, 2005 05:06:16 Top

Yes the PC's I am trying to install it on all have the frameword 1.1 SP1 and they are XP SP2 machines. The strange thing is that I have tested on about 20 PC's around our office and they are all fine. But I am having trouble with someone in the USA trying to install on an older machine. The machine is slower than the ones around the office and thats the only difference I can find. I am still having this error.
Posted 19 Apr, 2005 18:26:36 Top
Beau Holland

Sorry didn't login before I posted. I also use the Bootstrapper to detect if the DOT NET framework is installed. Attached is a copy of the Project and install. It has worked on all my machines I have tested, but these machines are new and very clean. I have not got a old slow PC to be able to test with yet. So check out the project and let me know if you can find anything wrong with it. Thanks again.

How do I attach files to this post?
Posted 19 Apr, 2005 18:37:01 Top
Beau Holland

I would like to send you my project but can't figure out how to attach files.
Posted 19 Apr, 2005 18:40:14 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hi Beau,

We disabled file attaching a year ago. Please send your project via e-mail.
Posted 19 Apr, 2005 18:49:45 Top
Beau Holland

Could you give me a email address please?
Posted 19 Apr, 2005 19:29:33 Top