Access Ribbon controls per inspector instance

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Wissam Malaeb

Hi,

We were wondering how we can access the ribbon controls (e.g. ADXRibbonButton" for a specific inspector instance and not the other. The problem we are facing is as follows:
- We add a control to the mailitem inspecor ribbon (e.g. adding an ADXRibbonButton with caption "Click Me" to an ADXRibbonGroup under the ADXRibbonTab "OutlookMailRead"). We are able to do this successfully.
- Our application requirements forces us to change the caption of the button when certain events occur (Let's say we need to change the caption from "Click Me" to "Release Me" programatically). We are able to do this successfully.
- The problem is that when two or more mail item inspectors are opened at the same time. If we change the caption of the button, this caption is automatically changed for all the other opened ispectors. Our questions are
1- Is there a certain way we can specify that the caption change is to be applied on a specific button instance for a specifric inspector and not the others?
2- Maybe if we can grab the event of activating an inspector and getting access to it this would help?

Thanks for your help..
Posted 29 Apr, 2008 12:52:03 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Wissam.

I am afraid it is not possible. The same ribbon controls are always synchronized in all opened inspector windows.
Please try to change the caption in the InspectorActivate event handler.
Posted 29 Apr, 2008 13:51:33 Top