Vista double-click error

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Vista double-click error

Martin Kirsten

Hi

I created an Office 2007 Add-In using the ADX libs, and am experiencing the following error on Windows Vista (SP 1) with Office 2007 (SP 1): whenever a file on the local directory is double-clicked/right-clicked and Open is selected/clicking a document in the Recently Used Documents in Start menu without the relevant Office application already being open, the following message is displayed, and the document is not opened:

"Windows cannot find <filename>. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again".

This error does not occur if the appropriate Office application is already open (whether it has any open documents or not). The error also does not occur on Windows XP.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Posted 23 Apr, 2008 10:08:43 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Martin.

What Office application(s) do you develop the add-in for?
Do you get this issue if you disable the add-in in the COM Add-ins dialog?
Posted 23 Apr, 2008 11:14:32 Top
Martin Kirsten

Hi Sergey

Thank you for your swift response!

Let me refine my post. The issue occurs [B]only[\B] in Word 2007, although the Add-In targets Excel 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 as well (actually, the AddIn was originally only targeting Word, and the issue was already occurring in that early version of the AddIn). The AddIn uses the Office 2007 PIAs.

Uninstalling the AddIn and disabling the AddIn from the COM Add-ins dialog both stop the issue from occurring.

Thanks

Martin
Posted 24 Apr, 2008 04:21:28 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Martin.

I would advise you to comment all custom code out in the add-in project and test it again. If the error doesn't appear, you can remove comments step by step to determine what exactly code produces the error.
Posted 24 Apr, 2008 09:01:39 Top