word add in problem (need help)

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

word add in problem (need help)

Dan Ewing

Hello everyone,
I have made a program that copies and renames files based on a list in a word document. The problem is that here at work, when the user logs on to more than one computer and installed my program, the program shows up in word 2003 when you open word the fist time after making a new installation. When you close word, and reopen it, the toolbar is gone and not loaded. To fix this you have to reinstall the program each time you want to use it. In word 2007, the toolbar does not show up at all. The program is still listed under Add/Remove Programs, so it is installed.
This problem does not occur when the user has only installed my program on one computer.
Does an body have an idea how to fix this?
I am very puzzled by this problem and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Dan

UPDATE: I think I may have found a fix. I go to the COM Add-ins and uncheck my program, click ok. Then i go to COM Add-ins again and recheck my program, and click ok. the toolbar show back up and usually stays there.
Anybody have any idea what could be causing this odd behavior?
Posted 11 Jan, 2008 12:41:37 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Dan.

Please check if the Normal.dot template is read-only on your PC. If so, you need to make it writable.
Also please use the Add-in Express Ribbon components to develop UI for Word 2007.

Posted 14 Jan, 2008 12:03:18 Top