Add-in Configuration File location

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in Configuration File location

Martin Bayly

We're using the ADX Loader shim option for an Outlook Add-in.
(.NET Premium-3.6.1880.2005)

I was hoping we would still be able to take advantage of the .NET Settings and Configuration libraries. (e.g. System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings)

However, it seems like for our add-in's app domain, the AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.ConfigurationFile property is set to Outlook.exe.config (for the version of Outlook we're running).

Is ADX responsible for creating the AppDomain that hosts our add-in?

If so, would it be possible for ADX to set the Configuration File to something more meaningful for the add-in (e.g. <add-in deploy directory>\myaddin.dll.config)?

Thanks
Martin
Posted 02 Nov, 2007 19:48:12 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Martin.

Did you try to change the ConfigurationFile property at runtime?
Posted 05 Nov, 2007 12:45:27 Top
Martin Bayly

Hi Sergey

Yes, I tried changing the ConfigurationFile property at runtime, but unfortunately, it did not make a difference. In fact, if you change it, then read it back it still has the old value.

According to the api docs for System.AppDomainSetup:

Changing the properties of an AppDomainSetup instance does not affect any existing AppDomain. It can affect only the creation of a new AppDomain, when the CreateDomain method is called with the AppDomainSetup instance as a parameter.

Thanks
Martin
Posted 05 Nov, 2007 12:59:52 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Martin.

Ok. I will investigate this issue and will try to fix it in a new Add-in Express build.
Posted 06 Nov, 2007 11:22:20 Top