Add-in unloading

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in unloading
The COM-Addin is built with Addin-Exp for .Net. How to toggle ON/OFF 
Claudiu Toma

Is there a way to set the values in the registry so that next time Excel/Word/Access starts up the addin is not loaded and ALSO the addin command bar doesn't come up?

Current Configuration:
COM AddIn built with AddIn-Express. for .Net (Basic package)
RegisterForAllUsers: True
SupportedApps: Excel;Word;Access
LoadBehavior:Connected;LoadAtStartup

Besides using the "COM Addins..." I'd like to know if it's possible to unload the addin command bar as well. Setting the LoadBehavior=9 the addin toolbar still comes up in word , however disconnected, (i.e buttons do nothing).

Posted 04 Sep, 2007 19:44:37 Top
Mike Arrington

See the end of article http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=2470&MID=11507&phrase_id=555751#message11507. It's for Outlook but I have a feeling it applies here as well.
Posted 04 Sep, 2007 21:30:14 Top
Claudiu Toma

I will try to set the "temporary property" of my commandbar object to true, and see.

However I have another question. My AddIn has Word, Excel and Access, as supported apps. If I do regsvr32 /u adxloader.dll that would remove my addin from all 3 (Word, Excel, Access).

Is there a way to uninstall only for a specific app (let's say not show in Access but show on everytime I start word and excel).

Will it work if I set temporary=true and LoadBehavior=9 for Access, but =3 for Excel and Word, will it load in Word and Excel and Not Show/load in Access?

Thanks
Posted 04 Sep, 2007 23:19:35 Top
Mike Arrington

Look in the registry under the subkeys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins OR
HKEY_CURRENTUSER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins and depending on your setting for RegisterForAllUsers there should be an entry for your add-in name (ProgId). The LoadBehavior key can be set to 2 which is disabled. The same should apply to Excel. I've only used Outlook so I'm assuming the other Office apps share this behavior.
Posted 04 Sep, 2007 23:30:32 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Claudiu.

Is there a way to uninstall only for a specific app (let's say not show in Access but show on everytime I start word and excel).

Add-in Express doesn't provide such possibility. But it can be done manually as described by Mike.
Posted 05 Sep, 2007 10:26:09 Top
Claudiu Toma

Thanks Sergey and Mike,

Solution Mike gave worked perfect for me.

I set the Temporary property of the addin commandbar to true, and the LoadBehavior=3 to toggle ON and LoadBehavior=2 to toggle the addin OFF in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins (addin is registered for all users) if I want to toggle Excel ON/OFF. Same worked for other apps Word and Excel.
Posted 05 Sep, 2007 12:00:58 Top
nitin c

Hi Claudiu,

When your addin OFF (LoadBehavior=2), your addin will not load in excel, so how do you turn it back on? Do you have another program (in system tray??) which can turn the addin ON?

Thanks.
Posted 06 Sep, 2007 00:14:58 Top
Claudiu Toma

Yes, the toggling is done from another EXE as well.
Posted 06 Sep, 2007 10:32:10 Top