Load on Demand All Users

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Load on Demand All Users

Joost Verdaasdonk

Hi All,

I've tried a number of things so far but I'm not reaching my goal.
I'm trying to have my addin LoadOnDemand for all users on the machine.

So my addin has the register for all users property set to true and the loadbehaviour is connect firsttime to accomodate the toolbar building.

The installer works just fine and installs the add-in in HKLM aswell as in HKCU.

I accompany the add-in with a .dot file in the startup folder of all users to load the add-in on demand by setting the connect property to true.

This works just fine for Administrators and Power Users but this doesn't work for 'normal' users.

They get in error like:
NR: -2147467259 description: the connected state of office add-ins registered in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE cannot be changed

When they try to load the add-in.

Giving the users rights on the addin key in HKLM doesn't work and off course I can't give the normal users rights on the whole HKLM hive.

For simple client computers I can bypass this problem by setting alluser property to false in the addin because users can write to the HKCU.

But for Terminal Server or Citrix users I really need the above scenario cause otherwise I wouldn't have a clue how to build a good installer for TS users.

To emphizise we don't want to add-in to load connected. We know this will work for all users but we don't want to load the add-in for ALL users. We want all users to be able to load the add-in on demand.

Is there any work arround for this problem? (The HKLM key problem) or another good way to have loadondemand on TS/Citrix servers?

Thanks
Regards,
ManualMaster Development
Posted 05 Jul, 2007 17:19:28 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Joost.

I am afraid you will have to install the add-in for each user separately. As far as I know, TS stores all registry entries of each user. Am I wrong?

Posted 06 Jul, 2007 07:00:10 Top
Joost Verdaasdonk

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for your answer.
I'm afraid you where going to say that. I've looked every where on the internet for an answer.

Installing per user is not an option. The customers won't like that.

Back to the drawing board... :)
Regards,
ManualMaster Development
Posted 06 Jul, 2007 11:06:14 Top