Outlook form

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook form
I need to manage input form with state 
Oksana Isakov

Hi,
I need to create a form with input fields and buttons.
- I did it with Inspector form; but i also need it to be saved in outl.folder and sent with current state(with all user data filled).
Now, when i fill inspector form and send it to myself, i get empty mail without inspector form at all.
How can i implement it, please?
Posted 05 Jul, 2007 03:06:17 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Do you use Add-in Express to create the form? Or, maybe you use Outlook built-in tools?
Posted 05 Jul, 2007 04:47:29 Top
Oksana Isakov

I use Add-in Express Outlook Ext.. I built my form inside this demo project: Demo Projects\VS.NET 2005\ADX Extensions .NET for Microsoft Outlook. I've added to given as example Inspector Form some fields and logic. This demo project creates folder "Explorer" and place in it inspector form as new mail item.
Posted 05 Jul, 2007 04:59:12 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Now, when i fill inspector form and send it to myself, i get empty mail without inspector form at all.
How can i implement it, please?

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you need.

The sample shows an InspectorForm (derived from ADXOlForm) in any MailItem with "HelloWorld" in the subject. This restriction is implemented in the adxOlFormsManager1_ADXNewInspector event. You can change (clear) this event in order to show an ADXOlForm in all Mail Inspectors.

Please note that unlike Outlook built-in forms, Add-in Express does not deliver ADXOlForms (embedded into an Outlook window) to another PC. You will have to install the add-in to another PC to show an ADXOlForm in an Inspector window.

Hope this solves your problems.
Posted 05 Jul, 2007 06:36:54 Top
Oksana Isakov

Thanks.
I am not against to install my add-in on client host.

So, for example: i need a survey form, that allows to fill its fields and to submit; as a result of submit will be sent an e-mail(the same form with the same user data in fields, which user just has populated)

For now -When i send filled with data Inspector form, i get an empty mail item, but i need it in the same state as it was filled by user, i need to collect the user data assisting by the form.

I need the insp. form behaving like built-in outlook form, how can i implement this for survey?
Posted 05 Jul, 2007 08:36:01 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Oksana,

Please, see the following example http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/adx-x-ol-3-user_property_in_mail.zip

This sample demonstartes creating a UserProperty in a new (non-sent) e-mail and reading the property using Extended MAPI in a received e-mail.

Posted 06 Jul, 2007 10:02:10 Top
Oksana Isakov

Thank you,
Good luck
Posted 08 Jul, 2007 03:10:11 Top