Add-in Express and Application Block

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in Express and Application Block

Michael Bendtsen

Hi

I'm building an Office plugin which uses the Caching Application Block from Microsoft Enterprise Library. The Application Block uses some configration to setup the connection etc.

So far I have found out that it is not possible to use app.config in an Client Application like a Word Add-in. What do I do?

Is there anybody that can help me?

Best Regards,
Michael
Posted 27 Jun, 2007 09:14:14 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Michael.

I would advise you to use ClickOnce to deploy COM add-ins. Now it is possible using Add-in Express.

P.S. We always do our best to answer your forum requests as soon as possible. However, we apply the rule "first in first out" with Premium Support Service subscribers taking priority. Please understand it may take us some time to do research on the issue. Please be assured we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 27 Jun, 2007 09:23:41 Top
logikonline

Michael,

I will take a shot. I had this exact issue - as I will assume you can not create the CacheManager object. To resolve this, you must rename the cacheConfiguration.config to the office application name in the same directory as the Office app (if 2007 or same as your app for pre-2007).

for example. Word.exe - rename the cacheConfiguration.config to Word.Exe.config and place in the Office12 folder under Microsoft Office program folder.

hope this helps - it stumped me as well.

regards,
Dave
Posted 27 Jun, 2007 17:08:02 Top
Michael Bendtsen

logikonline wrote:
for example. Word.exe - rename the cacheConfiguration.config to Word.Exe.config and place in the Office12 folder under Microsoft Office program folder.

Great! This worked. Thanks alot.
Posted 28 Jun, 2007 04:06:40 Top