A newbie need help

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

A newbie need help
Event on hitting "New email" button 
Jørgen Christiansen

Hello

I have worked as a programmer for 6 years - but in addin programming to outlook I am a newbie.

Is it possible to make a addin to outlook without any forms ?.

The only thing that i need to to catch some events when the user either sends a new mail or replays to an mail.

When the user sends a new mail a signature should be put in the email and when the user replays to and email another signature should be put in the email.

The signature can be in either text, rtf or html format.

Does anyone have some good references to working with Active directory. When the event new_mail or replay_mail is fired the addin must read user information from the active dfirectory.

Posted 11 Feb, 2005 14:25:40 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hello Jørgen,

Is it possible to make a addin to outlook without any forms ?

Yes, it possible. Simply don't add a form to your add-in.

When the user sends a new mail a signature should be put in the email and when the user replays to and email another signature should be put in the email.

The signature can be in either text, rtf or html format.

Have a look to Outlook VB help. You can handle the ItemSend event to add a signature.

We have added special event handlers in Add-in Express 2.2. They handle application-level events and are available via the AddEvents command of the add-in module. You can trap ItemSend through this way.

Does anyone have some good references to working with Active directory. When the event new_mail or replay_mail is fired the addin must read user information from the active dfirectory.

Sorry, but on this website there are no information about ActiveDiectory.
Posted 11 Feb, 2005 15:54:23 Top