Excel Automation Add-in: ADOX library 6.0 required?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Excel Automation Add-in: ADOX library 6.0 required?
Excel Automation Add-in under WinXP requires a Vista library? 
Heiko Onnen

Hi. I followed the user manual pages 87-95 in creating an Excel Automation Add-in for user-defined functions. I tested 10 of such Add-ins and more than 20 functions within these Add-ins. None of the simple test UDFs make use of ADO for data transfers, they were simple arithmetic operations, + and *. The UDF work fine in Excel, apart from one problem:
Although I use WinXP Home SP2 and Office 2003 Pro SP2 on my machine, it seems that Add-in Express (build 1868) tries to set a reference to a WinVista library for ADOX, "ADO Ext. 6.0 for DDL and Security", rather than the corresponding WinXP library, "ADO Ext. 2.8".
When entering an UDF into an Excel cell for the first time, an error message pops up, "missing dll". After deactivating the reference to msadox.dll in the displayed VBA reference list, all the UDFs within the add-in work without further problems. After closing and re-opening Excel, the same alert is raised again.
I could not find where the reference to ADO Ext. 6.0 is set for the automation add-ins. Vista was never installed on my machine. My WinXP and Office 2003 are German language versions.

best regards
h
Posted 03 Jun, 2007 23:19:59 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Heiko.

The fact is that our software doesn't use the ADO Ext. 6.0 library.
Please try to check the References section of the Properties dialog of the VB.NET project.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 04 Jun, 2007 07:58:17 Top