Commandbar refreshing problem

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Commandbar refreshing problem
How to refresh components contained in an Commandbar? 
Thomas Guenther

Hi!

I have a little problem wit updating components of a toolbar i added to the explorer and inspector window.

Our environment:
- VS2003 (C#)
- Addin-express V 3.4
- Office 2003 SP2
- Windows XP SP2 + latest fixes

I created an explorer and inspector toolbar with an ADXCommandBarAdvancedControl and assigned a Windows.Forms.Control of type Label to it. For all components Temporary is set to true (if possible to set it).

We have an external application which communicates with our Addin. Now under some circumstances we like to change the text color of our label's text (e.g. if our external applications is offline).

I tied a lot: updating the label itself if the color should be changed, updating the commandbar by changing it's width, removing and readding the label if the color changed,...... but without luck.

If i restart Outlook the colors are as i expected but i can't change the components at runtime. Could please someone show me the way?

THANX for help,
Thomas

Posted 24 May, 2007 09:34:49 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Thomas,

Do you use the ActiveInstance property of the ADXCommandBarAdvancedControl class? Also, please look at the code of the OutlookAddInCS demo project (see the Demo Projects -> VS.NET 2003 -> Toolbar Controls .NET for Microsoft Office -> OutlookAddInCS folder).

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.

Posted 24 May, 2007 10:30:59 Top
Thomas Guenther

Hi Dmitry!

YOU MADE MY DAY!!!! :)

The ActiveInstance property did the trick.

I had something missed in the manual....

THANX FOR YOUR QUICK ANSWER!!!!

Ciao,
Thomas
Posted 24 May, 2007 11:19:48 Top