Missing CommandBar

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Missing CommandBar

MSweetG222

I have re-developed my VBA add-in using Add-in Express. Everything is working fine until I use the install for Everyone (during the setup.exe install process).

My toolbar shows up for the user that installed the program. For ALL the other users (on the same computer) the COM Add-in is selected (in the Excel COM Add-ins panel), but the toolbar is missing. If (in the Excel COM Add-in panel) I un-click the Addin and click OK, then re-click the Addin and click OK, the toolbar will appear.

The toolbar is not listed in the Toolbar list (and when I verify in .NET, the IsConnected returns FALSE).

I have reviewed the Excel ADX Toys program and that toolbar is showing up for all users (without any additional steps) when that program is installed using "Everyone" setting. It appears my settings are the same as the Toys settings.

I am using .NET 2003 and ADX 3.04 b1868
AddinModule RegisterForAllUsers property = False
AddinModule LoadBehavior property = Connected;LoadAtStartup
Toolbar Temporary property = False
Toolbar Visible property = True
Toolbar Enabled property = True
Windows XP SP2
Excel 2003 SP2

1. What setting did I miss?

OR

Of course, if I set Temporary = True, the toolbar shows up for Everyone, but the toolbar does not remain where the user last left it upon restart. I don't have an issue with using Temporary = True, I just don't know how to get the toolbar to stay where the user last left it.

2. Is there an example of how to get the toolbar to stay where the user last left it that I can use?

Thank you,

MariaG
Posted 23 Apr, 2007 15:31:45 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Maria.

1. To install the add-in for all users please set the RegisterForAllUsers property to True.
2. To freeze the toolbar on the last position you just need to set the Temporary property to False.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 24 Apr, 2007 07:29:12 Top
MSweetG222

Sergey,

Thank you for replying.

I uninstalled the addin (using the setup.exe), set RegisterForAllUsers = True, Temporary = False, rebuilt the setup.exe/msi files, ran the setup.exe and still the toolbar is only showing up for the person who installs it. :cry:
Posted 24 Apr, 2007 15:52:52 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Maria,
did you rebuild the add-in project too? Do you use the ADX loader?
Posted 25 Apr, 2007 09:37:55 Top