EntryID on Exchange... Others altenartive?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

EntryID on Exchange... Others altenartive?

Pierre-D. Savard

Hi, I need to send some email that I receive with a tracking number in the subject to a SQL database. But for now the webservice are only avalaible from the internal network. My client use RPC ovet HTTP and this mode let you receive email without any needs to be connected with a VPN or some other tunel link.

If a Tracked email are received in outlook when the user are outside the internal network, I will not be able to send it to the SQL. I try to save in the Outlook user property the entry ID of the received email to send it later but if the user move the email in another folder the entryID change. I explore 2 possibility, can someone help me to choose the right direction.

I know that I eventually have to program a plugin in exchange serveur to avoid this, but for now I can't, I must found a way to acheive this in en VSTO plugin for outlook

1- Save a flag in the email user property, and save a flag in the outlook user property. When Outlook start, he will check if the flag is set to true and if so, he will scan ALL email folder and subfolder to found item with flagged user property.

2- Save a copy of this email in a temp folder to be processed later. This solution are not very good, because I need to save the ID of the database in the original email. I will have to search in the folder to find the original email
Posted 23 Apr, 2007 14:51:49 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Pierre.

Please read the following topic:
http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=2081

To save emails you can use the SaveAs method of the Outlook._MailItem interface.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 24 Apr, 2007 07:29:26 Top