Initial state of ADXOlForm displayed on New Inspector

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Initial state of ADXOlForm displayed on New Inspector
Make invisible with Splitter set to None 
BR Diamond

My addin provides a ADXOlForm for the Outlook inspector. I am using Splitter - None. I would like this ADXOlForm to be invisible when a new inspector is opened, and allow the user to make it visible only when necessary. I can see the Standard splitter seems to 'remember' the last state of the ADXOlForm but this is not what we're after. Wrefer to have a fixed size form, with visibility controlled by actions on a toolbar button.

I have tried using the Inspector events in Application events to set the ADXOlForm.Visibility to False but the ADXOlForm is not yet created when the obvious initialization events fire (NewInspector/InspectorAddCommandBars/InspectorBeforeSize), so we end up with a NullReference error.
The InspectorActivate event sort of works but I don't want the ADXOlForm to be invisible every time the inspector activates, just the first time when it is created.

So question is:
Is there a way of capturing the instant just after the ADXOlForm has been created and just before it is displayed, so we can set it invisible?

On a side issue, the InspectorActivate event seems to fire twice: once before the ADXOlForm is created and then once again after it is created. Is this correct/intentional?

Appreciate your help

Thanks

BRD
Posted 23 Apr, 2007 08:09:43 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hello,

Is there a way of capturing the instant just after the ADXOlForm has been created and just before it is displayed, so we can set it invisible?

You can use the ADXOlForm.BeforeFormShow event.
Please see the following topic:
http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=1788&MID=8217&phrase_id=436565#message8217

On a side issue, the InspectorActivate event seems to fire twice: once before the ADXOlForm is created and then once again after it is created. Is this correct/intentional?

ADXAddinModule generates the InspectorActivate event itself, because Outlook sometimes doesn't raise this event. I think there is no need to use this event.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 23 Apr, 2007 09:29:32 Top
BR Diamond

Thanks Fedor - that helped

Posted 24 Apr, 2007 19:28:22 Top