Shared Add0In not visible under Office 2007

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Shared Add0In not visible under Office 2007

Brendon Colloty

Hi,

I am having trouble with my Add in when installed on Office 2007.

I updated the Add in tho the latest versionof add-in Express (.NET Standard) recently and also updateed to Visual Studio 2005.

My add in works as it used to under Office 2003 SP2 but I have just had a user try to install for the first time on Office 2007 and the toolbar and commandss do not appear.

Ironically the last version of my add-in, byult in ADX 2.8 and VS 2003 worked fine under Office 2007 but the new, supposedly upgraded versuion does not.

At prese4nt I am unable to test or develop the application in an Office 2007 environment so am working a little blind here.

The Add In appears in the list of COM add Ins in Word and Excel abd Powerpoint but dies not appear in the Add In tab (ribbon). The installer runs file.

The Add in does appear in Publisher ok and a separate Add in appears in Outlook. I have the Shared Add In Update for .NET 2 as a pre-requisite in my install.

Is there something else I need to do to my Add-In to enable it in 2007?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - my clisnt is now stuck, having updated the rest of the system but unavle to use this add-in.

Brendon Colloty.
Posted 23 Apr, 2007 00:45:30 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Brendon.

You just need to set the UseForRibbon property of your toolbars to true and rebuild the project.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 23 Apr, 2007 08:28:14 Top