ADX MAPI Store Accessor vs OutlookEvents?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ADX MAPI Store Accessor vs OutlookEvents?

David Ing

Hi Guys,

Just starting to play with the new AddinExpress.MAPI.ADXMAPIStoreAccessor object - look great, thanks for doing it!

Is it generally a better idea to use the events on this object rather than the Outlook equivalents?

How is it better for _OnNewMail and _OnObjectCreated? I assume it's more reliable and doesn't 'drop' events like the Outlook version?

Also, does it matter what store version it's used with, i.e back to Outlook 2000 etc?

PS I understand you'll getting docs for this new object, but I just wanted to check why it exists before I get too much into using it.

Thanks again!
Posted 13 Apr, 2007 09:17:57 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi David.

The ADXMAPIStoreAccessor component doesn't affect Outlook events. It works with Extended MAPI directly. Therefore the way the component works depends on the store's provider.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 13 Apr, 2007 12:13:25 Top
David Ing

Sorry, I am not sure I understand completely. Are you saying that these two events would work exactly the same?

- MAPIStoreAccessor.OnNewMail

- OutlookEvents.NewMailEx

...over the same Outlook 2003 store. (I know the signatures of the events are different, but I really mean in terms of reliability of always getting the correct response / number of events).
Posted 13 Apr, 2007 12:36:19 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

David, please read here about the MAPI store events:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms528949.aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms527037.aspx

...over the same Outlook 2003 store. (I know the signatures of the events are different, but I really mean in terms of reliability of always getting the correct response / number of events).

The MAPIStoreAccessor.OnNewMail event has the same signature and fires for each email regardless Outlook version installed.

Posted 13 Apr, 2007 13:18:10 Top