Add-in Installation

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in Installation
Weird Add-in installation situation 
Alex Abramov

Hello,
I have an Add-in written in C#, VS2005, ADX 3.x for OL2002 with WinXP

To start the project, I used the standard ADX provided template with Shim and Setup project. In the setup project I set the InstallAllUsers to true, to have the addin install for all account on the machine.

I am having the following problem:

When I do a fresh install of the add-in, it only appears in the Outlook of the accouht which performed the install. When I log into a different account on the same machine, there is no install. When I run the MSI file, I am prompted to Repair or Remove (which tells me that the program is in fact installed as far as the machine is concerned, but doesn't have a UI?)

If I upgrade an existing installation, then all the buttons are there fpr all profiles and the program works (I haven't tried adding buttons, so don't know if that makes any difference)

How do I get the buttons to show up in all profiles? What about profiles which will be setup after the installation?

Also, I add a registry key under HKCU. This only affects the current logged in user. How do I update the registry keys for other profiles? The key is for CheckAdminSettings, and is needed because of the Outlook security in OL2002....

TIA,
Alex
Posted 06 Apr, 2007 15:10:33 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Alex.

To install the add-in for all users please set the RegisterForAllUsers property of the addinmodule to true. Please note that in this case you should install the add-in under the administrator's account.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 09 Apr, 2007 09:38:13 Top