Microsoft CRM Like addins

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Microsoft CRM Like addins

Pierre-D. Savard

Hi, I work on a CRM like the one made by Microsoft.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 have a function that keep in sych the contact folder in outlook and a SQL datatble. The complicated part of my work is to reproduce the same function but our customer whant to keep link in outlook but he will stop using the Microsoft CRM database to use our CRM. I need to found how Microsoft save the link between outlook and the DB.

I think I may do this step:
1- If a new contact are found in outlook. Create a GUID number and save it
in a user properties. (Because the entryID can change)
2- Sent this new contact to the database and wait for the database ID
3- Save this ID in a user properties.

If someone aleready play with CRM 3.0, can you help me to found the secrets! :o If I can found that microsoft create a GUID and save it (for example) in the CRMGUID user Properties ans in the database the column is CRMGUID to, I will be able to keep the link.

Thanks for your help.
Posted 31 Mar, 2007 16:49:51 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Pierre.

I think CRM uses Extended MAPI to work with message stores without Outlook. Please try to use the ADXMAPIStoreAccessor component to process creating of new contacts in Outlook:
http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/adx-mapi-store-accessor.msi
Please look at our examples included in the installation package and let me know if you face any difficulties with the component.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.

Posted 02 Apr, 2007 12:36:03 Top
Pierre-D. Savard

Thanks for your help, i will be more clear. I do not need to access the MAPI strore without outlook. My plugin run in outlook but I need to found the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Plugin Store the ID of one contact (For example) with the correspongin SQL DB

Question: We can't create user properties for a outlook object that will never been displayed But I can loop trought all the property. I will try to ask my client to send my a backup of some contact in thier outlook to see if a hidden propertie are saved in it.
Posted 03 Apr, 2007 16:27:02 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Pierre.

To get an Outlook item by ID you can use the GetItemFromID method of the Outlook._NameSpace interface.

Posted 04 Apr, 2007 11:58:58 Top
Pierre-D. Savard

If someone search in the future search the "secret" user property that use Microsoft CRM 3.0 here it is:

- crmid
- crmLinkState
- crmRegardingId
- crmRegardingObjectType
- Regarding

Posted 04 Apr, 2007 14:52:48 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Pierre.

Thank you for the information.
Posted 05 Apr, 2007 10:49:51 Top
Pierre-D. Savard

Hi, someone tell my that when a user synch outlook with ActiveSync to a mobile device the user property are not synchronized, if the item is synchronized back into outlook, the user property are lost...

Do you think is true? If so, why microsoft use user property to make the synch to the DB.
Posted 05 Apr, 2007 13:58:14 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Pierre, I am afraid I can't answer why it happens. Please ask about it Microsoft support service.
Posted 06 Apr, 2007 08:15:13 Top