Problem with shared Add in and Wor/Excel 2003

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Problem with shared Add in and Wor/Excel 2003

Brendon Colloty

Hi,

I am javing some serious problems deploying my shared add in to machines other than my development PC.

So far all Machines have been running Office 2003.
I am using a project which was originally built in ADD-In Express 2.8 but which has now been rebuilt using Add In Express Standard 2007. I have also moved from VS 2003 to VS 2005 as part of this process.

The Add In is designed to procide a common toolbar accross Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Visio. It allows the user to save the current document into a Document management system. I also have a separate Add In which runs only in Outlook and which has been converted sucesasfully.

All apps test ok on my development PC - however when I install on a test machine the installer runs correctly but when I try to opeen Word or Excel I get an
"ADC-=Loader error"

The loader is trying to run the following assembly
FerretToolsOffice2007 Public key token=...
The operation failswith HRESULT = -2146234105

The add in is then disabled in the COM add-ins section of that application.

The add in works fine in Powerpoint and Visio but the toolbar does not appear in Publisher at all.

I have resently upgraded from Release 3 of ADD in Exporess to the latest release 4 0 and made sure all of the ADXLoader.dll entries were the updated version.

The project is in VB, was created using the wizard and uses Iffuce PIAs, with the version neutral option checked.

ny suggestions?

Kind Regards,.

Brendon Colloty
-
Indigo Services Limited
Posted 29 Mar, 2007 00:18:43 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Brendon.

Did you include the 'Shared Add-in Support Update for .NET v2.0' prerequisite in the add-in setup project? You also need to run the setup.exe file in order to install the update along with the add-in on the user's PC.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 29 Mar, 2007 09:57:53 Top
Brendon Colloty

Hi,

I wasn't aware of this update requirement.
I am simply using the Setup project created by the ADX wizaed when launched form VS 2007.
Where can I find instructions on including this pre-requisite?
I have been running the setup.exe to install, not executing the MSI.

Thanks,

Brendon.
Posted 29 Mar, 2007 16:03:26 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Brendon.

You can find the instructions in the documentation of the Add-in Express 2007 product (please see the 'Creating Setup Projects Manually' chapter).
Posted 30 Mar, 2007 08:35:33 Top