Authenticode Signature/Digital Signature

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Authenticode Signature/Digital Signature

Maria Grieser

I built my first Excel COM Addin. Everything seems to be working okay (I had Excel security set to low during the creation process).

It is now time to sign my .exe and .dlls. I see that the properties of the SetUp project has Authenticode Signature. I have completed the info in the panel and built the debug version of the setup.exe, .msi, etc.

When I run the "signtool verify" process against the debug\setup.exe, it states the .exe is not signed. What exactly was signed?

Also, regarding the .dlls, which adxloader.dll needs to be digitally signed? I tried signing the adxloader.dll in the debug folder (since that was the build), but Excel will not allow it to load since it is unsigned. So, I guess I picked the wrong one.

Thank you for your assistance.

MSG

----------------------------
I am using .NET 2003
Excel XP
XP Oper System
----------------------------
Posted 28 Mar, 2007 14:23:54 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Maria.

It is now time to sign my .exe and .dlls. I see that the properties of the SetUp project has Authenticode Signature. I have completed the info in the panel and built the debug version of the setup.exe, .msi, etc.

Please check the .msi file. It should be signed.

Also, regarding the .dlls, which adxloader.dll needs to be digitally signed? I tried signing the adxloader.dll in the debug folder (since that was the build), but Excel will not allow it to load since it is unsigned. So, I guess I picked the wrong one.

You should sign the adxloader.dll file which is located in the Loader subdirectory of the add-in project. Then you need to register the project in VS and run the host application.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.

Posted 29 Mar, 2007 09:31:24 Top
MSweetG222

Thank you very much.
Posted 29 Mar, 2007 18:26:25 Top