ItemsEvents and outlook rule

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ItemsEvents and outlook rule

Pierre-D. Savard

Hi, I try to intercept all incoming email to check if the email have a TAG in the subjet and if so I will do something.

I try with the ItemsEvents class hooked on the inbox folders, but if a outlook rule move some incoming email to another folder, the event are not fired.

Do I have a way to do this with the VSTO Add-in Express 2007? Can I hook the ItemsEvents on All outlook folders.

I know that I can use the NewMailEx, but I read several horor post telling that some email in some circustance not fired the event. I need to push the received email to a SQL database, the time to do this is maybe to long and I can have a risk of missing another event for a new mail? If is the only way to acheive this someone have a good sample to use with NewMailEx?

Thank.
Posted 23 Mar, 2007 15:50:45 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Pierre.

I think the NewMailEx event should work in this case. But your code should be fast. I would advise you to store all incomming entryIDs in a list and then process all emails in a separate thread.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 26 Mar, 2007 15:02:37 Top
Pierre-D. Savard

Thanks for your answer, If I use a timer for sendeing my entry list to my database I think is not a ggod way? The timer will still block my NewMailEX function?

Posted 28 Mar, 2007 08:14:52 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Pierre.

You need to use the Thread class instead of the timer to create a new thread in the add-in code.

Posted 28 Mar, 2007 09:07:09 Top