Admin installs

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Admin installs
Installs for 'All Users' fails. 
Stuart Murray

Hi there.

I'm supporting a number of machines in the office, which are used to hot desk i.e. multiple users logon to several machines.

I have tried installing our extensions as Admin and tagging the install as for all users.

This works fine for the user doing the installs but all other users fail to initialise the add-in.

The work around is obviously to login as each individual user and install. However the user credentials prevent the install! So, I am having temporarily grant admin rights then install then remove admin rights for each user on each machine!!

As you may imagine, this is a pain!

I'm on AddInExpress 2.7.1762 at the mo.
Posted 16 Mar, 2007 04:35:00 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Stuart.

To register the add-in for all users you need to set the RegisterForAllUsers property of the addinmodule to true.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 16 Mar, 2007 10:54:23 Top
Stuart Murray

Hi Sergey,

Sorry but not finding that property.

I've set the InstallAllUsers flag to true on the setup project properties. Is that the property you meant or is there another one?

Even with InstallAllUsers true, it fails to install for other users.

Any clues?
Posted 20 Mar, 2007 09:48:58 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Stuart.

Please open the addinmodule designer and set the RegisterForAllUsers property to true. I am sure it will help.
Posted 20 Mar, 2007 09:58:15 Top
Stuart Murray

Found it! Thanks Sergey will give it a bash.

Once again, thanks for a rapid response!
Posted 20 Mar, 2007 10:34:11 Top