Tooltips not displaying for Infragistics component

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Tooltips not displaying for Infragistics component
Problem with ADXOLForm with recent release of ADX 
Dave Gardner

Hi,

We have found an issue that was introduced with a recent version of ADX.NET. In our Outlook Add-In we have an ADXOlForm that uses a Infragistics NetAdvantage gridview control - the details of this control can be found at this URL http://www.infragistics.com/dotnet/netadvantage/winforms/wingrid.aspx#Overview. Since we have upgraded to the latest version of ADX the tooltips on this gridview control are no longer displaying.

The tooltips were working when we used a previous version of ADX, and nothing has changed on the form. I have also been able to replicate the problem on a new ADX add-in, so it is not specific to a single add-in project.

As such we are certain that the problem is due to a recent change with ADX. We are now currently using version 3.3.

Thanks,
Dave
Posted 06 Mar, 2007 08:31:30 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Thanks Dave,

Sorry, we will answer you tomorrow.
Posted 06 Mar, 2007 09:38:14 Top
Dave Gardner

Hi Fedor,

You you been able to look at this yet? I can provide an example Add-in project that demonstrates this issue if that will help.

Thanks,
Dave
Posted 07 Mar, 2007 08:18:58 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Dave,

I have a problem with the trial period. I am preparing a Virtual PC now. Please, send me a sample project with the same behavior for testing. Also, please, can you create a sample WinForms project to compare their behavior.
When you tell about the recent version, do you mean version 3.2?
Posted 07 Mar, 2007 09:20:24 Top
Dave Gardner

Hi Fedor,

I have emailed you a sample Add-in project and a sample WinForms project.

I'm not certain exactly which version this stopped working in as we upgraded quickly through versions 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3. We do know that it was definately working in 2.x, and in now not working in 3.3. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Thanks,
Dave
Posted 08 Mar, 2007 01:55:47 Top
Dave Gardner

We raised this issue with Infragistics, and have received the following solution:

When the grid (and any of our other controls) is hosted in something other than a .net Form, then there is no managed way to determine if the window that the control is on is active. The tooltip checks to see if it is on the active form and if it is not then the tooltip will not be shown. If you want to force the tooltip to always be shown (which you can do in this case to have the tooltip display), you can set the static Infragistics.Win.ToolTip.ShowAlways property to true.

Posted 19 Mar, 2007 19:15:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Dave,

Thank you for notifying us.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Mar, 2007 05:23:05 Top