serdar dirican

Hi,

How do i achieve MS Access save event?

Serdar Dirican
Posted 28 Feb, 2007 07:15:47 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Serdar.

Do you mean the Save button on Access toolbars?

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 28 Feb, 2007 08:47:38 Top
serdar dirican

Hi,
I don't want to add custom save button. I would like to capture before save event when the user clicks regular save button or save menu.

Serdar Dirican
Posted 28 Feb, 2007 08:54:45 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Serdar, you can download a little example here:
http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/builtincontrolinaccess.zip

Please remember, the Save button is a context sensitive control. So you will have to use the ADXBuiltInControl component to connect to each toolbar which contains this button.
Posted 28 Feb, 2007 10:15:39 Top
serdar dirican

Hi,
Thanks for reply but i can not build your sample. Also ActionEx event is equal to Save event?

Warning 1 The type 'AddinExpress.MSO.ADXBuiltInControl' has no event named 'ActionEx'. C:\Documents and Settings\Orhan\Desktop\BuiltInControlInAccess\BuiltInControlInAccess\AddinModule.cs 45 0
Error 2 'AddinExpress.MSO.ADXBuiltInControl' does not contain a definition for 'ActionEx' C:\Documents and Settings\Orhan\Desktop\BuiltInControlInAccess\BuiltInControlInAccess\AddinModule.cs 44 37 BuiltInControlInAccess
Error 3 The type or namespace name 'ADXActionEx_EventHandler' does not exist in the namespace 'AddinExpress.MSO' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Orhan\Desktop\BuiltInControlInAccess\BuiltInControlInAccess\AddinModule.cs 44 70 BuiltInControlInAccess
Posted 28 Feb, 2007 11:31:08 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Serdar.

The example was built using the latest version of Add-in Express.
Please use the 'Action' event instead of the 'ActionEx'.

Also ActionEx event is equal to Save event?

The Office Object Model doesn't contain the Save event. It contains many command bars and controls which in its tern have some events. E.g. the 'Save' button has a 'Click' event. The ADXBuiltInControl component connects to the button and give you a chance to perform your code.
Posted 01 Mar, 2007 08:49:08 Top