AdvancedControl

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

AdvancedControl
Accessing Control property of Advanced Control 
Alex Abramov

Hello,

I am using adxCommandBarAdvancedControl (adxCBAC) to place .NET ComboBox controls on an Inspector Bar.
I have manged to successfully set that up, control all the properties. However, when at runtime I want to modify or access the DataSource property of the ComboBox, I run into difficulties.

For example:
I have a .NET Combo Box I named cmbAccount and an instance of adxCBAC named adxAccount.
I find that adxAccount.Control and cmbAccount are not equal to eachother.
Further, when accessed in the cmbAccount.DropDown event, the sender property is also not equal to either of the three. How can I access the DataSource for my combobox reliably from any event/function?

using: ADX.NET 3.02, OL2002, C#2005

TIA,

Alex
Posted 20 Feb, 2007 14:34:11 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Alex,

How can I access the DataSource for my combobox reliably from any event/function?

See the adxAccount.ActiveInstance property. Also, please have a look at the OutlookAddInCS demo project (<Add-in Express Installation folder>\Demo Projects\VS.NET 2005\Toolbar Controls .NET for Microsoft Office\OutlookAddInCS\OutlookAddInCS.sln).

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 21 Feb, 2007 02:39:49 Top