Installation for all users or me only

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Installation for all users or me only

nir zamir

Hi,

In the setup that installs our add-ins, we would like to allow the user to install the add-in for all users, or to himself only (like many other installations).

However, if the "RegisterForAllUsers" property is true, the add-in appears for all users anyway. Is it possible to control it? How would you suggest to implement the above behavior?

Another question: I saw in the forum that when you register the add-in for all users, it is not shown in the "COM Add-ins" list. This list provided us the ability to see if the add-in is failing to initialize or sometimes re-initialize it. How would you suggest to do these tasks if it's installed for all users?

Thank you!

Nir
Posted 13 Feb, 2007 03:53:38 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nir.

The current version of the Add-in Express product doesn't allow to change the RegisterForAllUsers property dynamically during the installation process. But we will add this feature in the next builds.
As to the issue with the COM Add-ins dialog, it is not possible to re-initialize a COM add-in differently.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 13 Feb, 2007 12:20:16 Top