Different behaviours Add-In

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Different behaviours Add-In

Daniël Amelink

Hi,

In the past few months I've developed an add-in (using VB.NET) for a big client of the company I work for. It all went great, but now that I've deployed it I've run into a small problem.

The versions I use are as follows:
- Add-in Express .NET 2.8.1763
- ADX Extensions .NET 1.05.902
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition
- .NET framework 2.0

The add-in I built creates a command bar with a button, a new calendar folder with a custom built ExplorerForm (ADX), an ADX addin on the MAIL and APPOINTMENT inspectors (bottompanes).

Everything works fine on three of the machines here at work. They are all development machines containing at least VS2005 and .NET 2.0.
Another machine I tried works ok, but it doesn't load the ADX bottompanes at all.
The client runs it on his machine and all works perfectly, except for the APPOINTMENT bottompane. The mail bottompane doesn't open the first time, but when he closes the mail and reopens it, it will appear.

This is strange behaviour and I strongly suspect it hasn't got anything to do with the code. Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds?

--Edit: I forgot to mention that I use the ADX loader.
Posted 05 Feb, 2007 11:02:32 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Daniel,

I have a shrewd idea that the problem is Outlook Security Update KB924085.

I have just sent you the link to download the fixed version of ADX Extensions .NET. Please check your inbox.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 05 Feb, 2007 12:16:29 Top
Daniël Amelink

Hi Fedor,

Thank you very much. I recompiled the add-in with the new ADX version you sent me. This version seems to work on all of our machines now.

Thank you for the fast response.
Posted 06 Feb, 2007 03:12:30 Top