Transparency on toolbar buttons a bit off...

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Transparency on toolbar buttons a bit off...

Tyson Stolarski

Hi.

Im using 16x16 .png files for my toolbar buttons. I have the ImageTransparentColor property of all my buttons set to White. The transparency works fine for the image backgrounds. However, some of my images have "near-white" colors inside them. Now, I have made sure none of these are exactly white (255,255,255), however, they are still showing up as transparent? Does ADX (or Office) do some wierd approximation blend thing and make all colors close to the transparent color transparent???

Some colors that arn't even that close to white are showing up as transparent:
etc etc.

The only way to remove the transparency is to change all these near white colours to a more grey-ish color, and it just doesnt look good on some images. Or I could go and change all the white to some other color and then use that as the ImageTransparentColor property, but the same blending thing happens with all colors, so I'de have to find a color way off any colors used in the image.

Is this intended, a bug, or something wierd going on with my implementation???

Cheers

Tyson.
Posted 24 Jan, 2007 22:05:56 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Tyson.

The Add-in Express code doesn't process "near-colors". It only works with the ImageTransparentColor color. I would suggest you to use 16x16x256 images with the Fuchsia color as a transparent color.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 25 Jan, 2007 06:59:22 Top