Installer configuration

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Installer configuration

Sander Hagendoorn

Hi there,

I've been trying to get the installer to automatically update the installed version of my addin. In the setup project, there are two options related to that: DetectNewerInstalledversion and RemovePreviousVersions.
I've tried all combinations, but I keep getting the error message "cannot continue because a previous version is installed" when trying to install the plugin on a machine that runs the previous version of my plugin.
My question is: how do I configure the setup project so that it will install itself regardless of whether or not a previous version was installed?

Kind regards,
Sander
Posted 16 Jan, 2007 04:22:09 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Sander.

You need to change the ProductCode property and increment the Version property of the new version of your software. The UpgradeCode property for the first version of the setup project and all subsequent versions should be the same. You can find more detailed information about the Deployment properties in VS Help.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 16 Jan, 2007 09:01:11 Top