IRibbonExtensibility and/or Ribbon dynamic

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

IRibbonExtensibility and/or Ribbon dynamic

greba wereington

I've just installed ADX 2007, and I'm trying to build an add-in for Word 2007 which customizes the ribbon. I've added controls to the ribbon using the ADXRibbonTab Controls Collection dialog. However, I'd like use code to dynamically add/remove controls from the ribbon. Is this possible using ADX? If so how do I accomplish this?

I also notice that only certain callbacks are implemented for ribbon controls (OnClick for Buttons). There are many more callbacks implemented for Ribbon Controls, will these be exposed?

Is it possible for an ADX add-in to implement the IRibbonExtensibility interface itself, bypassing all the ADX Ribbon functionality? I ask this as I could probably get around all my issues if this was possible.
Posted 11 Jan, 2007 16:33:42 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Greba.

However, I'd like use code to dynamically add/remove controls from the ribbon. Is this possible using ADX? If so how do I accomplish this?

Yes, it is possible. You can add/remove Ribbon components in the OnRibbonBeforeCreate event handler of the addinmodule.

I also notice that only certain callbacks are implemented for ribbon controls (OnClick for Buttons). There are many more callbacks implemented for Ribbon Controls, will these be exposed?

The OnClick event handler implements all callbacks that are supported by ribbon buttons. Please read the following article to learn more about ribbons: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338202.aspx

Is it possible for an ADX add-in to implement the IRibbonExtensibility interface itself, bypassing all the ADX Ribbon functionality? I ask this as I could probably get around all my issues if this was possible.

Here is the declaration of the ADXAddinModule class (the base class for Add-in Express based add-ins):
public class ADXAddinModule :
System.ComponentModel.Component,
Extensibility.IDTExtensibility2,
AddinExpress.MSO.ICustomTaskPaneConsumer,
AddinExpress.MSO.IRibbonExtensibility,
UCOMIConnectionPointContainer,
UCOMIEnumConnectionPoints
{
}
As you can see, your add-in implements all interfases that you need.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.

Posted 12 Jan, 2007 11:00:02 Top