Cant install ADX 2007.3.1

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Cant install ADX 2007.3.1

Tyson Stolarski

I attempted to upgrade from 2.8 to the latest version a few weeks back. An error occured and it didnt work, so I reverted back to the old ADX 2.8 version as I was very busy and needed to get a new release of my product out ASAP.

Now that I'm slightly less busy, I went back to attempt to upgrade again. But again, it didnt work. I've unistalled the old ADX via the Add Remove Programs panel, and am now attempting to run the new msi (adxnet-v301-b1864-vs-bas.msi).

However, as soon as I run it, I get the following error:

User added an image

There is no ADX listed in Add Remove Programs, and the Add-In Express directory within program files only contains an empty Images directory.

Its obviously got itself into some weird state. I cant remember exactly what I did, but a few weeks back when I tried to install it for the first time, I first tried to install the Standard package. When the registration didnt work, I realised I only had a subscrition to Basic, so I downloaded that and attempted install. But now that doesnt work because it thinks its already installed. Probably just some registry key I need to delete, but where abouts???

Cheers.

Tyson.
Posted 11 Jan, 2007 03:03:00 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Tyson.

Have you received Add-in Express 2007 activation keys from us?

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 11 Jan, 2007 09:38:04 Top
Tyson Stolarski

Yes. I have. But it doesnt even get to the registration dialog. As soon as the .msi file is executed, the above message appears.
Posted 11 Jan, 2007 19:53:56 Top
Tyson Stolarski

Never mine. I worked it out. I had to delete the registry key at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Add-in Express\ADX NET 3 Standard

Now the Basic version is installing fine.

Cheers.

Tyson.
Posted 11 Jan, 2007 20:23:50 Top