OL Form Region Docking - Feature Request?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

OL Form Region Docking - Feature Request?

David Ing

I think this is a feature request, or would love to have missed how to do it in the new version and it's there already :-)

One things that the VSTO SE custom task panes (CTP) do in Outlook 2007 is provide a 'window title bar' that can be user 'grabbed' and moved.

The user can then reposition the 'pane' where it can be possible docked (or left floating as a tool window). The CTP has events that can be raised for DockPositionChange and Visibility (i.e. if the user wants to turn it off). It lets the user decide where they like their layout, with the persistence of the settings still being something for the add-in to handle.

I think all of this is possible in ADX Form Regions, but it's something that would have to be coded by hand (i.e. display something that looks like a 'window title bar', handle the docking?), but am unsure. Would it be possible to see a code example?

Is this sort of thing possible or on the product roadmap for the Outlook extensions 3.X and beyond? Being able to do this in all Outlook version would be a really compelling ADX feature...
Posted 04 Jan, 2007 08:27:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

David,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. It looks so sexy...

We will think this over.
Posted 05 Jan, 2007 05:06:24 Top
David Ing

Thanks for considering it Andrei - for the end users of my Outlook apps, the sexiness does sell sometimes :-)

PS I'm always willing to try out any beta ideas in this area, if I can help out.
Posted 05 Jan, 2007 16:39:51 Top