ActiveDocument & DisableStandardAction related query.

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ActiveDocument & DisableStandardAction related query.

Nilesh Padbidri

Hi,

I am using ADXBuiltInControl class and have captured the "Action" event. I am trapping the "Save As" (748) command.

In the Action event I perform intelligent processing & decide whether to allow actual "Save As" to execute or not. This is done by setting
"DisableStandardAction" to false. However when I set
"DisableStandardAction" to false within the built in controls Action handler, the "Save As" dialog box is still displayed, which means "DisableStandardAction" does not work as expected when set from within its handler.

Is there a solution to this ? I would want to disable the standard action within the Action handler itself.

How do I get access to the Active document. Should I import the Office COM components into my project ?

Thanks,
- Nilesh Padbidri.
Posted 13 Dec, 2006 14:04:33 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nilesh.

1. It is not possible in the ADX.NET v2.8. I will try to fix it in the next build.
2. You can use the WordApp.ActiveDocument property to get the activate document in Word application.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 14 Dec, 2006 05:43:52 Top