PowerPoint:Presentation Show Mode

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

PowerPoint:Presentation Show Mode
Access to the split-panes / windows? 
Dan Linstedt

Hi Andrei,

I have found events I can capture for: next slide, start /end presentation mode, etc.. But I don't know if there is any access to the actual "window panes" in presenter mode (2nd window). Where the speaker notes, and next slide appears during presenter mode. I've looked all over Microsoft and the web for answers, but cannot find any.

I am wondering: is there a way to "add a new draggable split pane" to where the Speaker Notes appear? or: if there is no way to do that, is there a way I can add a "modeless always on top window" that passes events through to powerpoint?

This may be a stretch. Just wondering.

Thanks,
Dan
Posted 08 Feb, 2023 10:16:21 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Dan,

Dan Linstedt writes:
is there a way I can add a "modeless always on top window" that passes events through to powerpoint?

You can use Windows API. Get the handle of the PowerPoint presentation window and make it the owner of your form: SetWindowLong(MyFormHandle, GWL_HWNDPARENT, PowerPointActiveWindowHandle), where GWL_HWNDPARENT=-8. But this will only work with this presentation window; other presentation windows will overlay your form. You'll have to research this area yourself as it is outside of the scope of our support services.

You can also set Topmost=true, but this causes your form to overlay everything.

Regards from Poland (GMT+1),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Feb, 2023 05:00:24 Top