Color picker in Excel Add-In

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Color picker in Excel Add-In
Adding Color picker 
Siddharth Rout

Hi

I was going through this link

https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2011/12/15/sharepoint-office365-ribbon-ui-customization/

I undertsand that this is for Sharepoint Add-In

Is it possible to have this color picker in Excel Add-In (VB.Net).

This is what I am trying to get.

User added an image
Regards

Siddharth Rout
Founder
XPIZON

[Skype]: XPIZON, [Email]: srout@xpizon.com, [Website]: www.SiddharthRout.Com; www.xpizon.com
Posted 26 Nov, 2022 09:13:10 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Siddharth,

The answer is both Yes and No.

No, you can't create a color-picker control as that control type is missing in the list of Ribbon controls available in Microsoft Office; see [URL=https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/office_standards/ms-customui/31f152d6-2a5d-4b50-a867-9dbc6d01aa43][MS-CUSTOMUI]: Custom UI XML Markup Specification[/URL].

Yes, you can reuse a built-in Ribbon controls even if you can't create such control types yourself. Say, a color picker is a variant of a gallery; you can create a custom gallery but you can't create a custom color picker. Still, you can re-use a built-in color picker: create a custom gallery and set its idMso property to the ID of the built-in color picker, e.g. to "CellFillColorPicker" shown in your screenshot. I've got this id using the infromation we provide in section Referring to built-in Ribbon controls; see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Regards from Poland (GMT+1),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 28 Nov, 2022 06:30:45 Top
Siddharth Rout

Thanks Andrei. Let me study the docs. Will get back if I have any questions.
Regards

Siddharth Rout
Founder
XPIZON

[Skype]: XPIZON, [Email]: srout@xpizon.com, [Website]: www.SiddharthRout.Com; www.xpizon.com
Posted 28 Nov, 2022 07:12:38 Top