Mail Inspector Activation Issue

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Mail Inspector Activation Issue
Subject does not "refresh" after being rebuilt in modal form 
Jim Erwin

In the Outlook add-in I'm currently working on, if an e-mail inspector is activated from the inbox folder, and there is a certain user property not set, and the e-mail subject does not show that it's currently associated with a company job (using a regular expression), and the e-mail did not come from an internal address for the company I'm working on this for, then the add-in pops a modal form that forces the user to either rebuild the subject and associate it with a job, or click a different button that designates the e-mail a "personal" e-mail.

I am handling this in an event handler for the Inspector_Activate event. Everything is working as expected except for one issue. When the subject is rewritten, and the MailItem's subject property is set to it, then I call MailItem.Save(). Once the MailItem is saved, the modified subject shows correctly in the Explorer and the public folder that the e-mail is copied to, but it still shows the original subject in the inspector that is popped up.

How can I get it to show the modified subject in the inspector?

thanks,

JE
Posted 08 Dec, 2006 13:40:27 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Jim.

Please download the following example:
http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/olinitializesubjectexample.zip

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 11 Dec, 2006 18:04:42 Top