Manual update of Clickonce Excel Addin installer

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Manual update of Clickonce Excel Addin installer

Ranjitha Nagendra

Hi,

I have an addin for Excel, which is deployed and installed through Clickonce. I am calling AddinModule.CheckForUpdates() in the addinModule constructor. This displays an alert if there is a new update with Skip and Install options. If the user chooses to Skip , Next alert is displayed after a week which is the default behavior.

I want to give a button in my addin's Ribbonmenu for the user to update when he wants if the user had skipped the upgrade.Can you please let me know how to do?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/deployment/how-to-check-for-application-updates-programmatically-using-the-clickonce-deployment-api?view=vs-2022&tabs=csharp this suggests how to update manually. How do I do it from AddinModule? Can you please let me know?

Thanks,
Ranjitha
Posted 19 Sep, 2022 02:50:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Ranjitha,

Ranjitha Nagendra writes:
I want to give a button in my addin's Ribbonmenu for the user to update when he wants if the user had skipped the upgrade.Can you please let me know how to do?

ClickOnce itself doesn't let you install a COM add-in. This won't work in Add-in Express.

Only ClickTwice supports this.

Regards from Poland (CEST),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 19 Sep, 2022 08:30:47 Top
Ranjitha Nagendra

So if the user skipped an update, there is no way he can install until he gets the next alert after a week?
Posted 20 Sep, 2022 08:59:15 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Posted 21 Sep, 2022 05:41:06 Top