Setup installs the Addin but does not register it

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Setup installs the Addin but does not register it

sstingl@bauing-schmidt.de

I have created a standard Setup project for my Excel Addin. Custom actions look exactly like they should according to the relevant documentation. Target platform is x64. The setup process finishes without any errors. The local installation directory is created and seems to contain all the necessary DLLs etc. The Addin shows up under "Programs and Features", but not in the registry. There is no adxregistrator log file.
I tried to run adxregistrator.exe manually from a shell, still no error but no effect either. Any suggestions? I am at a total loss.
S. Stingl
Posted 17 Aug, 2022 08:45:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

The target platform should be x86. Let Add-in Express create another setup project for your add-in project and compare the new setup project with your real one.

sstingl@bauing-schmidt.de writes:
I tried to run adxregistrator.exe manually from a shell, still no error but no effect either

Starting adxregistrator.exe creates a log file the default location of which is {user profile}\AppData\Local\Temp\<ProductName>\adxregistrator.log; the ProductName part reflects the ProductName field of AssemblyInfo.cs (AssemblyInfo.vb).

Regards from Poland (CEST),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 17 Aug, 2022 09:51:19 Top
S. Stingl

Thank you, that seems to work. For some reason, when I first built the setup project, the x86 target setting produced a build error (something was incompatible). That is why I set it to x64. Now that I set it back (like you suggested), it builds without a rpoblem.
So do I understand correctly, that the setup is always a x86 process, regardless of the platform the Addin is supposed to run on?

Regards from Germany
S. Stingl
Posted 17 Aug, 2022 11:02:56 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Correct. This allows your installer to run on any Windows bitness.

Regards from Poland (CEST),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 17 Aug, 2022 11:51:13 Top