Exception error when trying to set Prerequisite settings in Click Once Publishing

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Exception error when trying to set Prerequisite settings in Click Once Publishing

Oliver Hartmann Hartmann

Hi, at the end of last March I bought a Add-In Express subscription to create MS Project Add-Ins. At the time I had an old HP Windows 10 Pro laptop. I started noticing that my old laptop was reaching the end of it useful life for what I'm doing (running out of hard drive space, RAM maxing out, etc.). It was time to upgrade to a better more powerful laptop.

I had originally installed on Visual Studio 2019. I uninstalled and reinstalled on my new laptop with Visual Studio 2022. It activated successfully, Everything seem to be working ok as far as I know for what I'm doing (MS Project) except I no longer get the Prerequisites option. It gives an exception and mentions a log file but I searched the entire hard drive and it is no where to be found (not created). I attached screen captures. It publishes however, and I tested it in my MS Project Add-Ins and it seems to be working.
Posted 24 Apr, 2022 09:45:29 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Oliver,

The {Bootstrapper} directory is in this folder:
?Â?Ð?? VS 2012 ?Â?Ð?ã Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0a\Bootstrapper
?Â?Ð?? VS 2013 ?Â?Ð?ã Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1a\Bootstrapper
?Â?Ð?? VS 2015 ?Â?Ð?ã Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\SDK\Bootstrapper
?Â?Ð?? VS 2017 ?Â?Ð?ã 2022 ?Â?Ð?ã Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\ClickOnce Bootstrapper

Try to use these folders. Say, my VS 2019 uses the Bootstrapper folder for VS 2015.

Please let me know if choosing a different Bootstrapper folder solves the ClickOnce installer issue.

Regards from Poland (CEST),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Apr, 2022 04:43:19 Top