Register/Unregister

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Register/Unregister
Context menu not showing after installation of v10 
Roy van Duist

Hi,

Since the installation of version 10, the Project contextmenu in Visual Studio 2019 is missing.
In the previous version (v9.5) of the Addin-Express for Office and .Net Standard, there was the Addin-Express context menu when I right clicked on the Visual Studio project for register/unregister/publish, etc.
Now this context menu is missing. Is that correct?

I have tried to Repair the installation and I tried a complete new installation of this version. This didn't work.
Reinstalling version 9.5.4661 fixed this issue because this issue didn't exist in this version

After uninstalling this 9.5 version and installing v10, this issue returned.

Now it is impossible to register the development version for debugging.
Can you help me?

Kind regards,

Roy van Duist
Software Engineer
Posted 11 Mar, 2022 08:55:56 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Roy,

Is the issue reproducible on a newly created add-in project?

Regards from Poland (CET),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Mar, 2022 11:56:08 Top
Roy van Duist

Hello Andrei,

Yes, I can reproduce it on a newly created adx com project.

Regards from Holland,
Roy van Duist
Posted 12 Mar, 2022 15:37:39 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Roy,

Please send me that project to the support email address; find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt; please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Also, choose Help | About in the main menu of the Visual Studio IDE, and click Copy Info on the About dialog. This puts the info the dialog displays to the clipboard, send me that info, too.

You can try to reset the Project menu or all menus; see Tools | Customize... | Commands.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 14 Mar, 2022 04:01:06 Top
Roy van Duist

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your reply. I will sent you an e-mail.

Regards from Holland,

Roy.
Posted 14 Mar, 2022 05:52:05 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you Roy,

Add-in Express isn't registered with your VS 2019. Make sure you've selected VS 2019 in the corresponding installer window.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 14 Mar, 2022 06:17:11 Top
Roy van Duist

Hi Andrei,

I sure did select the VS2019 checkbox. I just reinstalled it and tried it again, but still no success.
(checking VS2022 gives an error on installation)
(See my new mail with screenshots)
Posted 14 Mar, 2022 06:36:26 Top
Roy van Duist

Hi Andrei,

I think I solved the problem. The AddIn-Express context menu is now also showing in VS2019. I deleted the bin and the obj folder in the solution. I'm not sure if this caused the problem, but now it works.

Now I am encountering another issue. I've read about this in other posts, but I can't find any solution.

When I open the designer of my Addin module this error is showing:

Visual Studio 2019:
===================
The designer loader did not provide a root component but has not indicated why.
There is no stack trace or error line information available for this error.

Visual Studio 2022:
===================
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: instance

at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptor.AddAttributes(Object instance, Attribute[] attributes)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSDesignSurface.CreateDesigner(IComponent component, Boolean rootDesigner)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.AddToContainerPostProcess(IComponent component, String name, IContainer containerToAddTo)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.PerformAdd(IComponent component, String name)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.CreateComponent(Type componentType, String name)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.BeginLoad(IDesignerLoaderHost host)
Posted 15 Mar, 2022 08:44:55 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Roy,

What do you do to see the issue?

Close the designer window, rebuild the project, fix compile-time issues and open the designer anew.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 15 Mar, 2022 09:16:34 Top
Roy van Duist

Hi Andrei,

I've tried it all, because I've read other articles about this topic in other posts.
Nothing works. I've no compile time issues.

I've also searched on Google, but didn't find any solution unfortunately.
Posted 15 Mar, 2022 09:25:42 Top