Outlook intercept CTRL+C in a panel

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook intercept CTRL+C in a panel

Fabrice

Hello,

First of all happy new year. I'm using ADX since many years and still happy (except I just read the no-go on .NET 6 ... but that's another subject :)).

I've a right docked panel that show a PDF using DevExpress pdf viewer.
When the user select text and use CTRL+C to copy, nothing happen.
I directly supected Outlook to intercept the key (rule #1: Outlook is always guilty ;)) so I searched and found the "OnKeyDown" event on AddinModule.

I suppose this is the way to go, but then how could I know that the currently selected control is my PDF viewer ? Otherwise I'll intercept all the CTRL+C which is not what I want.

Thank you
Fabrice
Posted 03 Jan, 2022 13:32:29 Top
Fabrice

PS: I already tried to store a reference to my pdf preview. As I can have several openened preview, it must be dynamic and not static. I tried the standard GotFocus and LostFocus events (both on the control and on the ADXForm) to store this reference, but these events are also not triggered
Posted 03 Jan, 2022 13:40:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Fabrice,

Happy New Year!

Use the ADXOlForm.ADXKeyFilter event: check the shortcut pressed and set e.Action to ADXOlKeyFilterAction.SendToForm or ADXOlKeyFilterAction.SendToHostApplication.

Regards from Poland (CET),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 04 Jan, 2022 04:59:24 Top
Fabrice

That works perfectly, thank you!

Fabrice
Posted 04 Jan, 2022 11:39:58 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Great! Yours is the very first issue solved successfully in this year! Congratulations!

Regards from Poland (CET),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 04 Jan, 2022 13:07:26 Top