Updating Office COM add-ins automatically

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Updating Office COM add-ins automatically
How to use code-signing certificate to sign setup and msi  
David Wisniewski

Referring to your blog post here: https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2017/11/10/updating-office-addins-automatically/

I have never actually been able to get this to work for me, but I am going to try again now, as I love how smooth and professional the notification and update process looks with the sample excel add-in that you provide on that page. I was wondering if you would be willing to make that sample excel add-in visual studio project available for download so that I can see how it works (even though I know that I obviously cannot publish to the same locations that you did obviously). I am autistic and sometimes I have to try to learn from many different aspects before the lightbulb turns on for me and I think being able to see the specific settings for that project that I can see working will help me to figure this out properly.

In addition to that, I have a professional code-signing certificate that I use to sign my applications, which I also sign my add-in express add-ins with. For my add-in itself (OutlookMacrosV2) I can right click on that in the solution explorer, in context menu hover over Add-In Express, and then click "Signing Options". I input my certificate details and it works to sign all of the output files for the add-in itself. But now that I have added the setup project, by right-clicking on OutlookMacrosV2 in the solution folder, in the context menu hovering over Add-In Express, and then clicking "Create Setup Project" I do not see an option to input my certificate information. After the setup project is created, I still cannot seem to find anywhere to input my certificate information so that the OutlookMacrosV2.msi or setup.exe files will be signed with my code-signing certificate. Can you kindly point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much for all of the work you've done, and for all of your help over so many years. For sure you have a life-long subscriber here because the things that I'm able to do thanks to Add-In Express have literally been a tremendous benefit to my career.
Posted 09 Dec, 2021 03:23:46 Top
David Wisniewski

Update, I figured out the answer to all of my questions. You can delete my original post for this. I don't know how to delete something that I've posted here
Posted 09 Dec, 2021 03:31:33 Top
bobcalco

If you could summarize what you learned that may not be obvious from the article link for those of us about to embark on that task, I for one wouldn't mind if your post was not deleted. :)
Posted 11 Dec, 2021 10:38:47 Top