UPDATED TUTORIALS AND FEATURES

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

UPDATED TUTORIALS AND FEATURES
We are in need of updated tutorials and features/images 
David Wisniewski

Can we please get some updated tutorials/images for this addin for things like Outlook and Excel? I've been paying for this addin since using Microsoft Office 2010 and we're in 2021 almost 2022 now with the same tutorials outdated to like 2013 era. This product isn't cheap and it would be appreciated to see a refresh of the learning center. Even Visual Studio is completely different now than when the tutorials were made for VS 2010. Thanks in advance.
Posted 02 Dec, 2021 15:55:44 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello David,

We've started the next round of updating the visual information. The manual is already updated; it is included into the Add-in Express version we published recently; it is also available on the https://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/documentation.php page.

As to the web site, the work is in progress. I can't predict when we will finish it.

Regards from Poland (CET),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Dec, 2021 04:28:30 Top
David Wisniewski

Thank you. In the meantime, can you help me out? It has been like 8 years since I've created a brand new addin express project for Outlook. I'm having an extremely difficult time finding all of the required pieces in order to properly set it up, there is no one article on your site that explains all of the things needed, and each article I find is incomplete. I remember when I first started using this project it took me like of week of searching across all of the articles on your site to find each of the pieces required to properly use this addin. It feels more frustrating this time than it did orginally unfortunately and I'm already hours in. Can you please create a clean tutorial regarding creating the addin for outlook and how to properly add the OutlookItemEvents class and OutlookItemsEvents class and connect to them and disconnect from them. The project I created years ago is so broken that I have to start from scratch and I can't seem to find a clear way to know what I'm doing correctly per your site or the things I added in myself that are incorrect. I'll give you a few examples... for adxOutlookEvents_ItemSend event I'm removing the connection to the outlookItemEvents but I can't find this in your site. I just need a clean and simple way to know how to properly use your addin as far as the bare bones, connecting to the previously mentioned objects, when and how to properly disconnect from them, etc... My initial creation from years ago has been causing a lot of issues for my client and I'm just now discovering that it is because I can't even figure out how to properly set up your addin for use with com objects
Posted 03 Dec, 2021 14:35:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello David,

We've created new sample projects that we support at https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2020/07/01/sample-com-addin-projects-outlook-excel-powerpoint-word/. And we describe these exact projects in the manual; download it at https://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/documentation.php or check the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

You add an events class to your project by adding a template via Add New Item dialog; check section Step #10 ?Â?Ð?ã Handling Outlook events; see the manual.

In the code of the add-in, you connect the events class to the source of events in an appropriate event; say, when the SelectionChange event occurs, you can get the selection, get the items selected and connect to their events or to the events of the first selected items - this depends on what events you handle.

Similarly, you should disconnect from events of that item when you do not expect events from it; say, when the user selects another item.

This is a generic description. If you have some specific issues, just let me know.

Regards from Poland (CET),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Dec, 2021 10:26:42 Top