Interaction between non-shimmed Addin components

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Interaction between non-shimmed Addin components

Sander Hagendoorn

Hi there,

I've been using your product to build some extra functionality into Outlook. In two days I had all the basic functionality in place, but for one thing: interaction between the property page, the events class, the commandBar and the main AddinModule.

Looking through the forum posts, I found a someone posting about how the functionality of the (shimmed) outlook property pages example (setting a property in the AddinModule from the property page-apply function) does not work in a loader-based project. (http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=1303&MID=6029&phrase_id=322548#message6029)
The reply to this was: use the AddinModule progid. I can't see this work, cause the original code is looking for a proxy object.
I've tried everything I can think of, but I can't seem to be able to get communication between the various parts running.

Could you please advise on the right methods to accomplish this communication?

Regards,
Sander Hagendoorn
Posted 04 Dec, 2006 09:57:37 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Sander.

I suppose you use the PageType property of the addinmodule to add a property page to Outlook. If so, you can use the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXAddinModule.CurrentInstance static field to get the active instance of the addinmodule from the property page class. Of course you can cast this instance to the class of your add-in module.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 04 Dec, 2006 10:48:19 Top
Sander Hagendoorn

Hi Sergey,

Right on the button. I performed a quick test, and that does seem to solve my problems.
Thanks for the support (and answering within the hour :) ).

Regards,
Sander
Posted 04 Dec, 2006 11:13:43 Top