FileNotFound Exception trying to init CefSharp browser control

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

FileNotFound Exception trying to init CefSharp browser control

Rhys Hicks

Hello,

I have been trying to get CefSharp up and running on a taskpane addin for Microsoft Word. Currently when trying to run the program I am unable to get past:

'The assembly with display name 'CefSharp.Core.Runtime' failed to load in the 'Load' binding context of the AppDomain with ID 2. The cause of the failure was: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.Runtime, Version=94.4.50.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

I can confirm this package works on a regular WinForms project just not a AddinExpress project. I have tried unregistering/registering process etc. Any help on this would be appreciated. Can provide more info and demo app if need be.
Posted 12 Oct, 2021 10:17:54 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Rhys,

Please send us the sample project(s) to the support email address; find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt; please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Regards from Poland (CEST),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Oct, 2021 04:57:45 Top
Rhys Hicks

Thank you file has sent. I have raised the question with the devs of the framework as well, this is what they said:

First step is to confirm if your plugin is going to be run in the default AppDomain. Because CefSharp is built with Visual C++ which only runs in the default AppDomain (won't work from a different one).

If you are then it should just be a matter of loading the libraries.
Posted 14 Oct, 2021 11:09:16 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Rhys,

Thank you.

Rhys Hicks writes:
this is what they said

An Add-in Express add-in loads into a separate domain. VSTO add-ins also use non-default domains.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 15 Oct, 2021 03:30:20 Top
Rhys Hicks

Hi Andrei thanks for the reply! OK that at least settles this issue then. I will see if there's another framework or something that offers this functionality. I assume there is no work around?
Posted 15 Oct, 2021 05:33:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Rhys,

No workaround exists.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 15 Oct, 2021 05:41:30 Top