Persistent mail deleting

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Persistent mail deleting

Alex Milner

Hi guys,

On persistent mail deleting (Shift-Del) I see internal exception:

System.NullReferenceException: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(object o) Unknown
AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll!AddinExpress.MSO.Globals.ReleaseComObject(object obj) Unknown
AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll!AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOlItemsEvents_12_SinkHelper.AddinExpress.MSO.IFolderEvents12.BeforeItemMove(object item, object moveTo, ref bool cancel)

This is only happen when OutlookItemEvents or OutlookFoldersEvents (from samples) connected.

Probably this is bug in "AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll":

void IFolderEvents12.BeforeItemMove(object item, object moveTo, ref bool cancel)
{
finally
{
Globals.ReleaseComObject(item);
Globals.ReleaseComObject(moveTo);
}
}

Can you investigate please? :)
Posted 05 Aug, 2021 05:24:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Alex,

I've created a test project that connects an ADXOutlookFoldersEvents to Inbox; the ADXOutlookFoldersEvents doesn't handle any event. Shift-deleting an item in that folder doesn't produce an issue. Do I need to change something in the project?

Also, please send me the complete version string that you can find near the About Outlook button; find the button on the page File | Office Account. In my case, the version string is: Version 2107 (Build 14228.20204 Click-to-Run.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 05 Aug, 2021 06:31:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Alex,

You can find the project at https://temp.add-in-express.com/support/MyAddin59-Alex%20Milner.zip.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 05 Aug, 2021 06:34:47 Top
Alex Milner

Hi Andrei,

My Outlook version exactly as yours.

I've created my own test project. Can you please email to me (address in my profile). I'll reply to you with test project and how to reproduce issue - thanks!

Alex.
Posted 05 Aug, 2021 06:58:59 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Alex,

Will send you an email in a moment.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 05 Aug, 2021 07:47:47 Top