Border for Outlook region

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Border for Outlook region

Yevhen Lysakov

We are developing addin which add Custom Region to Outlook, and user is allowed to drag & drop it between following locations: AddinExpress.OL.ADXOlExplorerAllowedDropRegions.BottomNavigationPane | ADXOlExplorerAllowedDropRegions.DockLeft | ADXOlExplorerAllowedDropRegions.DockRight

Everything works fine, but we have issues with UI on modern Outlook versions.
I will use your sample addin "VisibilityVs2005cs" to illustrate the problem:
[img]https://ibb.co/zHDQ8Kh[/img]

So by default in Outlook when Reading pane is enabled and located on the right, splitter between list of mails and reading pane is rendered as thin vertical line.
But splitter which is used to resize Addin Express custom region in location DockRight is basically invisible to user.
Same goes for DockLeft position.

What we want to achieve: make the splitter for Custom Region to look the same way as native splitter. This way our addin will look naturally in Outlook and our region will have clear separation from the reading pane.

I could not find the way to achieve this by present properties in Addin Exress, so need your help here.
Posted 03 Jun, 2021 03:41:03 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Yevhen,

Please check the example at http://temp.add-in-express.com/support/MyAddin9-YevhenLysakov.zip.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Jun, 2021 04:44:28 Top
Yevhen Lysakov

Thank you, I think I've got the idea. So "splitter" is actually inside the custom form, so I can draw on top of it.
Still need few other things to do, like matching theme color, position the line in the center of splitter, but approach is clear.

Thanks again for such quick answer with working example, excellent work!
Posted 03 Jun, 2021 05:46:44 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you, Yevhen.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Jun, 2021 06:02:33 Top